Monday, February 14, 2005

Love of God and others

Compassion again - how quickly I get exhausted in my ability to love and help and serve others! I thought I was a pretty nice person, but after a whole week of trying to tame my tongue and rein in my temper (only two resolutions) I am exhausted, frustrated and can't decided if I'd prefer a good whinge or a good cry. I just know I need something to relieve my feelings. (Why didn't I think of prayer and calling on God? Hmm.)

Compassion - how quickly I become numbed and desensitized to the pain of others. I think it comes from watching the news, and hearing endlessly about disasters beyond my ability to help, so that I become paralysed and helpless even in the face of suffering that I can help. Or am I just too selfish to look beyond my own backyard? I don't want to think too much about that - I need to talk to Deb again - she gives me a sense of perspective about the world which I can't seem to find on my own yet.

No comments: