Monday, February 28, 2005

Entering the silence...

Well, that is what this whole Lent journal thing is for me - to try to reflect and to listen to God.

I remember on my first "Theos" camp, when we were told we would have to spend an hour a day in quiet time, wondering how on earth I was going to fill so much time. By the end, I could easily have spent more - when did I lose that? Now it seems hard to fill a half hour, even if I can find that much time.

I have wondered before, if the prophets of God are just the people who are better at listening to Him. It may well be a skill, as well as a gift. Certainly, the times I hear most from God are the times when I am listening for Him! Perhaps, if I want to hear more from God, be guided more by God and know His will, then I should start by listening...

No comments: