Thursday, June 09, 2005

Working and pregnancy

Rachel is still away, though Kim is loaded to the gills with analgesics and at work. (I don't really think it is a good idea to take that many tablets.) My URTI is annoying but no more, though now I understand why everyone says "can this hurt my baby?" and I worry a little, even though I know it can't. I hope Rachel comes tomorrow, otherwise I will stuck covering another evening. Still, no point worrying about what I can't help.

I love the Julian of Norwich prayer, and have been using it about ten times a day!
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
It's a reassurance, and prayer and expression of trust all in one. It helps me hand it all over to God, and He hears me and reassures my fears. I'm trying not to think too much about the delivery - it's almost worse knowing what can go wrong. I think fear of the unknown is overrated - fear of the known is pretty bad as well. Knowing about incontinence, tears, blood loss and death, who would choose to get pregnant? No - I'm not going to think about that. I'm sure Jill's recommended OB would be good, and she said she would be happy to be delivered by her personally. I wonder why Jill never had children? I think it would be hard to be a neonatologist and play with babies all day and never have your own.

No comments: