Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pregnancy Week 8

I'm still feeling sick most of the time, but so far (knock wood) haven't had any really embarrassing episodes. Even the three at work occurred when no-one was watching. But I have discovered a legitimate use for "second breakfast"!

Actually, it is the feeling tired which is more troublesome even than the nausea. I seem to be sleeping 10 or 12 hours a day, and still want naps in the afternoon. Usually I would just push through and keep doing whatever I have to be doing, but now I feel so tired and overwhelmed that I just stop and go lie down on the couch. Very strange.

Even when I do get to sleep, I am having lots of very vivid dreams. The content is not particularly disturbing, most are about getting up and going to work, but it means that my sleep is much less restful than it would otherwise be.

The cravings have started too. I used to think this would be kind of fun - an excuse to eat a whole tub of ice-cream or something. Sadly, it is not like that at all. It feels more like have a full meal and feeling a bit sick besides, and then having someone standing at your shoulder saying "Now you have to have an apple as well!"

I can't believe this is only the beginning of seven more months of not having my body to myself. I'm already thinking I would have to be crazy to do all this again, and I haven't even been through labour yet! Maybe there is an advantage to having twins after all...

1 comment:

Mel.J said...

Yep, this is reality... and month by month you will have different reasons to enjoy / not enjoy the process.

It's weird, it's such a body-controlled thing, which is odd for those of us who live in the intellectual space most of the time.