Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Pregnancy tales

I think pregnancy suits me. I'm not really very sick - I don't know if this is just me or all the ginger tea working. I have the urge to eat properly for the first time in my life! No longer do fish and chips look tempting (that's an understatement!) and I just want salads and dairy food - very unusual! Even the usual consequences of lactose intolerance don't put me off. It was very weird to be making pizza and holding a tub of ricotta, only to suddenly realize that instead of spreading it thinly on the pizza I just wanted to take a spoon and eat it straight! I have even bought a pack of yoghurt tubs - unheard of!

So far we have told both grandmothers (of course Marion said we should have told her sooner rather than waiting a whole eight hours for the sun to rise) both aunties (Helen wants to know what colour to make the knitting) and Dean's aunt Dora. That doesn't seem like very many - I want to tell everyone! I also want to tell some friends at church who have had babies - I realize now I don't know that many people with babies, and experiencing it is totally different from reading about it. I want to call on their first-hand knowledge and have their support, especially Mel and Kate.

And of course, I want to tell those who read this, so they find out from me personally and not on the internet! Funny, I didn't mind telling Tereza by email (I gave her credit for her system, even though I don't know if that was really it or not) but somehow reading it on a blog is a bit different. Tereza called back straight away, of course, and made a very satisfying fuss. I feel a bit ridiculous taking credit for something I haven't really done and didn't have control over, but at the same time I just feel so happy and blessed that all the congratulations seem appropriate!

No comments: