Friday, June 22, 2007

Pregnancy week 12

We had our ultrasound today! It was so exciting, and somehow made it seem more "real" to see the baby right there on the screen. It moved in response to the pressure of the probe on my abdomen, curling up its legs and turning over. It would be lovely to be able to name the baby, but of course we still don't know what kind of name (boy or girl) and I don't think we want to know.

I wonder a bit about the 20 week ultrasound, because since Dean and I can both read ultrasounds it means we shouldn't look at all if we really want to keep the sex of the baby a surprise. Although having seen this quick ultrasound I would love to have another look!

It's funny that all the breast soreness and vomiting hasn't made it as "real" a ten minute image on the screen. I can sympathize with Tom Cruise buying his own ultrasound machine so he could look at his baby a bit more.

Also, I was very pleased to have my dates confirmed exactly on the ultrasound. I knew I got it right! On the other hand, this also confirms our due date for Jan 1st. The way I feel at the moment I want to stop work straight away! I can't imagine working through until November or December! Ugh! I hope the nausea stops soon.

No comments: