Sunday, April 29, 2007

We're having a baby!

We are finally having a baby! (So the surgery and even the uneven scar were all worth it after all!)

I waited a week to be sure, and then a few more days. It seems kind of silly, but I wanted to tell my mum first, so I waited to be sure she was home from Italy before doing the test. So first thing on Sunday morning (8:30am) I did a test and Dean and I watched it turn positive together! I was amazed that he had even worked out the due date for if we were pregnant this month - I don't know how he did it! I know I just did it on a "wheel" which we have for this at work, but he worked it out manually - isn't that sweet?

So I rang my mum and told her, and she said "Now Dean will have to wrap you in bubble bath!" There was a moment of confusion until she clarified - it was bubble wrap she had in mind.

Dean's mum, typically enough, said "What took you so long?" and thinks that I should have a boy. I told her it wasn't up to me. (But in my heart of hearts I hope we have a girl.)

I feel so well, it seems almost unreal. I don't feel sick, although I am tired, and hungry all the time. Not to mention having to wee all the time... But I don't feel sick. This does worry me a bit, because last time I didn't feel sick either, and they do say that morning sickness means a good healthy pregnancy taking hold. I guess I want the best of both worlds - just enough sickness so that I know it is real, but not enough to stop me doing what I want to do!

1 comment:

DebD said...

Christ is Risen!

I have been checking your blog off and on (since discovering it) for sometime and behold I come back and find a deluge of entries!

Anway, hope you don't mind a stranger coming into the conversation.

Congratulations on your little one ... I hope your pregnancy goes well.