Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Stitches out and results day

Tonight I went back to Peter to have my stitches out and get the results of the laparoscopy. Dean couldn't come at the last minute, but rang to tell me at 7pm that he wasn't going to make the 7pm appointment. Somehow this annoyed me more than if he never called at all. Still, realistically speaking I was never going to be happy if he couldn't make it. I still think it sucks to be the girl.

Peter pulled the stitches out, which hurt a lot too. I must be a complete softy - all these procedures I do daily and tell people "just a little sting, hold still now", but when they happen to me they really hurt! To add insult to injury - he didn't even sew me up straight! The scar is shelved on one side and not even symmetrical. I could have done a better job myself, let alone if Dean had done it. This had all better be worth it.

The results were three photos taken through the scope. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder - Peter said they were lovely and normal, but they look like someone's insides to me. I was still too annoyed with Dean to want to show him the pictures, but I did anyway, and he agreed that they looked completely normal.

Three more cycles of Clomid and we'll see. If this doesn't work, then we really are looking at complete IVF, which I always said I didn't want to do. Ah well, we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments: